The branch was formed in the late 1940s, thought to be 1947-8 and the servicemen met in a wooden hut, which was later upgraded and used as the TEDDA clubrooms.
While there they enjoyed bingo and other activities, and kept their eye in on the .25 rifle range.
By 1969 the club had bought premises in Albert Road and with a brewery loan constructed the first part of the clubrooms.
Their influence in the town grew and they: supported the local junior football team; held annual dinners and marches; organised the senior citizens summer outing, paying for up to 120 to go on the day trip; supported a pipe band; provided accommodation for a large number of organisations to meet; and provided welfare and help to members and their dependants.
With membership still strong an additional function room was added in 1978-9 and the building became a community focal point for celebrations and meetings while still continuing with all its former activities.
But times changed and membership slowly declined due to fewer service personnel, changing social patterns and lack of support and in August 2009 the club closed and the property was put up for sale.
Its role in the town, however, should not be forgotten and although the Eyemouth Royal British Legion members no longer have their own premises they still exist as a branch, numbering 76 members, and a reminder of their glory days can be seen in the Eyemouth Museum display from Saturday.