Tweedmouth Ams 6-2 Eyemouth Amateurs

editorial image

Tweedmouth entertained Eyemouth in a midweek fixture, which saw both teams weakened due to work commitments. Both teams were coming off wins the previous Saturday.

Tweedmouth made the better start, with Powling and Strang both hitting the post, and then taking the lead through a Patterson penalty, after Wood had been brought down by the keeper. The lead only lasted a minute however as a break down the left wing was finished off to bring Eyemouth level. Tweedmouth continued to press, Antcliff and Wood especially looking dangerous with their pace, but the score stayed level at the break.

Eyemouth started the second half the better, forcing a series of corners, but a double substitution was to produce immediate dividends. Phillips and Williamson replaced Patterson and Hope and straight away Williamson crossed for Wood to head in at the back post. Phillips was linking up well with the midfield and added his name to the scoresheet for the third. Then Powling took over, scoring two early contenders for the goal of the season, the second an unstoppable shot into the postage stamp corner.

Eyemouth were reduced to ten men after Lough was sent off for a foul. Tweedmouth went on to add a sixth, Wood rewarded for his hard work throughout the game. Phillips then hit the woodwork as the home side continued to press forward. Eyemouth were given a late consolation when Logie scored from the penalty spot. Tweedmouth must now build on this impressive display when they welcome Gala Hotspur to the Five Arches in a cup tie on Saturday.

Match Sponsored by, Marshall Meadows Caravan Park and Londis Prior Shop



Tweedmouth entertained Hawick United at the Five Arches on Saturday and it was evident that they are not going to get things all their own way this season.

The home side took the lead after 10 minutes though Stewart Wright, following a mistake by the visitors. This, however, did not deter Hawick as they pressed the home team with a great work ethic.

The game became more scrappy as the half drew on and into the second half play continued in the same fashion with the visitors making it difficult for the home side to find any rhythm.

On the hour mark the visitors deservedly equalised and this gave them a huge lift to continue to press for the winner,

Tweedmouth made numerous changes to find a way of breaking the visitors down but as the match wore on it looked like the game was heading for a draw.

But Tweedmouth had other ideas and with five minutes remaining on the clock, James Turnbull brought the ball out from centre half, finding his team mate Aaron Hope down the left side, with his instant pass finding Kyle Wood bearing down on an open goal.

With a calm finish he gave the home side all three points in dramatic style.

Tweedmouth knew that they had not been anywhere near their best and would have to improve with a local derby on Tuesday night against Eyemouth at the Five Arches.

The match was sponsored by Auction house Berwick and Wot a Clip (dog grooming services).