Streamers storm to great win

editorial image

Stirling University 3 
Coldstream 4

This was a fine away win for the Streamers which moved them up to fifth in the League.

Still with a lengthy injury list, manager Davidson managed to put out a team which he hoped, rather like Gordon Strachan, would concoct an away win.

Inglis was partnered with Beasley in midfield with Howel moving up to partner Crawford in attack. Debutant Luke Dickson came in at right-back and Brown returned from injury to fill the left midfield berth.

With half an hour gone, Dickson picked up the ball in his own half, ran for 15 yards unhindered, and lashed a screamer off the underside of the bar and into the net to give the Streamers the lead.

Stirling levelled just before the break when McNaught coolly slotted the ball past Walters having taken advantage of a sloppy throw-in.

As per usual the half-time cuppa worked wonders and the Blues now set about the Students with renewed vigour.

Howel pressurised the home defence into a terrible passback and he capitalised on this mistake to head home and give the visitors the lead.

Stirling equalised on the hour mark when the normally assured Dixon failed to deal with a long ball and allowed McNaught to score his second goal.

More fireworks followed when the maurading Dickson found himself deep in the home half and unleashed another unstoppable shot into the back of the net from the edge of the box.

Beasley made it four minutes later when he emulated Dickson and blasted the ball into the top corner from a tight angle to give the Blues a 4-2 advantage.

In true Coldstream fashion there was more to come when Walters brought down the University front man who had burst into the box. Burgess made no mistake from the spot.

Coldstream saw the game out comfortably and are now unbeaten in four games and move up to fifth in the League.

The committee man of the match was Jason Inglis.

Coldstream: Walters, Dickson, Hossack, S.Dixon, Johnston, K.Dixon, Inglis, Beasley, Brown (Steele 71), Crawford, Howel.