Gordon exit Amateur Cup

Gordon were in cup action again on Saturday in the Scottish Amateur Cup fifth round replay against Netherthird at Stewart Park.

Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 1:22 pm

But atfer a 2-2 draw against the Ayrshire side last week, the visitors proved too strong for Gordon in the replay as they ran out 4-1 winners.

Eyemouth Amateurs are now up to fifth place in Border Amateur League B Division after hammering poor Selkirk Victoria 8-0.

Lee Crawford netter four in a game Eyemouth dominated from start to finish.

Sign up to our daily Berwickshire News Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Eyemouth only needed to wait five minutes for their first goal when a through ball from Crawford saw Andrew Sword round the keeper and chip the ball over a Selkirk defender on the line.

Eyemouth doubled their lead through an unlikely source when a Gary Stobbart cross flew over the keeper and into the top corner, giving the defender his first goal in four years.

Mark Brown made it 3-0 minutes later when a mistake by the Selkirk keeper left him with an open goal and Crawford made it 4-0 just before half-time with an easy finish following a scramble in the box.

He doubled his tally early in the second half with a good header from a Brown corner before Brown assisted again when Gordon McInnes rose above the Selkirk defence from another corner to head home Eyemouth’s sixth.

Crawford completed his hat-trick when Aidan Lauder’s strike hit the bar, leaving him with the simplest of finishe and he grabbed his fourth and Eyemouth’s eighth after turning in the box and slotting the ball in the bottom corner.

In the Border Amateur B League, Coldstream Amateurs beat Gala Hotspur 3-2 in a tight encounter at Home Park with Steven Reid, Shawn Baillie and Steven Waugh grabbing the goals, while on-loan Coldstream East of Scotland defender Richard Baxendale made his first appearance for the Amateurs after several months out through injury.

Hawick Legion beat Linton Hotspur 4-2 and in the other game in the B League, Langholm Legion’s match against Hawick Utd was postponed.

In the C League, Chirnside Colts maintained top spot and continued their charge towards the title with a 4-2 victory over eighth -placed Lauder.

Joe Condy netted a hat-trick and Lee Hannan scored the final goal with young Jake Lough claiming two assists in an impressive performance, while Daniel Pattenden and Sean Lackenby got the other two.

In the other matches, Melrose beat Hawick Legion Rovers 7-4 and St Boswells beat Bowholm 3-2.