Man rescued from Duns blaze

Share this article

THe quick thinking of a group of neighbours has been praised by the fire brigade after a man was rescued from his burning house at the weekend.

Residents at The Mount in Duns contacted Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue after hearing a smoke alarm at about 6.30pm on Saturday.

Firefighters rescued the 43-year-old from the property and gave him oxygen.

He was treated by an ambulance team for smoke inhalation but did not need hospital treatment.

It is believed the fire was caused by a pan of food.