Nearly 40 people were evacuated from their homes in Grantshouse for over 24 hours at the weekend amid fears of a gas explosion, following a nearby fire.
Thirty-seven residents were told to leave their homes in Grantshouse in the early hours of Saturday morning (May 7), after fire broke out in a workshop at Brockholes Farm.
The fire involved acetylene cylinders (gas cylindors) which sparked fears of an explosion.
Fire broke out in a Brockholes workshop at 12.20am. Fire crews arrived at the scene to find a single storey building well alight.
Occupants of the farm and neighbouring cottages were moved out of their homes because there were gas cylinders in the workshop, which can become highly unstable when heated.
A 200 metre cordon was put in place until the situation was made safe, which required the cylinders to be cooled with water for a period of 24-hours.
More than thirty firefighters and six fire engines, as well as further specialist engines were used at the scene.
The incident was finally resolved at 5am on Sunday morning (May 8), and residents were allowed to return home. No-one was injured.