Frier fire in Oblo kitchen

FIRE crews from both sides of the Border attended at a reported blaze at Oblo bar and restaurant in Eyemouth at the weekend but on arrival found that staff had already managed to extinguish it.

A call was received by the fire service at 10.13am on Sunday, July 22, to say that a fire had broken out in a deep fat frier in the restaurant’s kitchen and firefighters from Duns and Berwick attended at the scene.

However, it was extinguished before they reached Oblo so a stop message was put in at 10.36am.