DCSIMG

New sponsors announced for Bandits

editorial image

editorial image

 

BERWICK Speedway have new club sponsors for 2013 and now it is all systems go for the start of the new season.

Agricultural giants New Holland, who have bases in the Scottish Borders, have stepped in to back the Bandits, ending any fears that the team would not take to the track this year.

For whilst Berwick had already confirmed their starting line-up, and had been granted two big meetings this summer, the Shielfield Park outfit had been unable to categorically state that they would come to the tapes in March because they did not have a main sponsor.

The news was announced by director George Hepburn at the weekend, who said he was ‘absolutely delighted’ that a deal had been struck.

“We already have eight ‘associate sponsors’ lined up for 2013, with possibly more coming forward,” he said.

“This gives us a substantially solid financial backing, but New Holland have now come forward to be our main sponsors and we are absolutely delighted.

“I will say though, that the door is still open for another firm or company to come forward and join New Holland as joint sponsors - with their blessing - similar to clubs elsewhere in the sport.”

He added: “I thank Neil Johnston of New Holland for all his support and work in cementing the deal. This company has been great supporters to Berwick Speedway in the past sponsoring The Bordernapolis and Grand Prix Challenge meetings at Berwick and we are really looking forward to working more closely with them in the future.”

A question mark over Berwick’s participation in the Premier League had remained after former main sponsors, A and J Scott (sawmills), ended their three year association with the club.

“We would like to thank A and J Scott for all their backing in the past,” said Hepburn, “but now it is onward and upwards.

“We have put together what looks like being a very competitive team this season and we are looking forward to what will be a successful, dry, and after last season, an injury-free campaign in 2013.”

The news was also welcomed by promoter John Anderson who said: “We have had several months of uncertainty, but with New Holland on board as our main sponsors we can now confirm we will be racing in 2013 and I’m sure that’s what all the fans wanted to know.

“Now we can concentrate all our efforts on what should be a very big year for the club. We have the Ben Fund meeting in March and the British round of the World U21 Final in August to look forward to, plus of course what we hope will be a great year of racing from the team.”

Meanwhile, the latest two additions to the Ban Fund Challenge have been identified.

Richard Hall of Sheffield and Josh Grajczonek, now Somerset, will join Ben Barker, Chris harris, Ricky Ashworth and Richie Worrall in the event at Shielfield on March 9.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page