The East Berwickshire Angling Club, which was formed in 1881 and disbanded in 2001, has presented all memorabilia, trophies etc pertaining to the club, to the Ellem Fishing Club for display in its exhibition at Paxton House.
Almost all members of the defunct club resided in Berwickshire or Berwick and were well known especially in the farming community. The Milne family had particularly long associations with the East Berwickshire Angling Club. David Milne, late of Nethermains Farm, was president of the club in 1980, his father George Milne was president in 1923 and his grandfather William Milne was president in 1897.
David and his ancestors have always been staunch supporters of the club, and following its demise and on its behalf he has presented all memorabilia, trophies etc pertaining to the club, to the Ellem Fishing Club for display in its exhibition at Paxton House where it is hoped that more space will be made available.
The East Berwickshire Angling Club and the Ellem Fishing Club have always had a close association. Many fishermen were members of both clubs, and for years there was an inter-club competition, at Loch Leven or Coldingham Loch.
Since its establishment at Paxton House almost seven years ago, the Ellem Club Exhibition has received many favourable comments by visitors from both within and out with the UK.