Dingers recall demolition

Duns Town Hall, demolition work begain 6th June 1966
Duns Town Hall, demolition work begain 6th June 1966

Nearly 30 years after it was demolished in 1966, Duns folk were still remembering their former Town Hall with sadness.

The hall, built in 1816, stood in the centre of the Market Square, and belonged to the Feuers of Duns.

During World War Two it was requisitioned by the military, and was later used as a knitwear factory. On the ground floor there was a grocer’s and in the basements there was, in earlier days, a gaol.